07 Jul What is the immediate load on implants?
Recovering the smile in 24 hours is possible thanks to the immediate load on dental implants. A technique that consists of placing a provisional prosthesis on a newly placed implant in those patients who meet the appropriate clinical requirements.
Thanks to this technique we get the patient to have a fixed tooth on the same day that the implant is placed, with all the aesthetic, functional and phonetic advantages that this entails and allowing him to return home with the problem solved. Once the osseointegration has been completed, the provisional crown is removed and replaced by the definitive crown, which will last for many years in the patient’s mouth.
This technique requires some care on the part of the patient:
- It is essential to comply with the schedule of revisions established by the implantologist.
- We recommend following a soft diet, to avoid hard chewing movements that can damage the implant.
- It is essential to have a correct and rigorous oral hygiene to guarantee the success of the treatment.
- Avoid parafunctions, which are those anomalies that the patient can do, such as biting a pen or pencil.
- If you are a smoker, we recommend that you quit this habit, delay healing and increase the risk of infection.
At Clínica Blasi we are specialists in dental implants and we will recommend the implantology treatment that best suits your needs and wishes